Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Treasure Hunt

The hardest part of teaching overseas for me has been... no yard sales! I never realized how much I relied on cheap junk to stock my classroom and project cabinets. It was so easy to follow a couple of signs on the way to wherever I was going on a Saturday morning, gathering books, craft supplies, and all sorts of goodies with my can of pocket change. C'est la vie.
Well, Brian's parents will be visiting us the first part of November and they've offered to fill their extra suitcases with anything we need, and as I was thinking about what size winter pajamas to get for the kids, it occurred to me that they'll be plenty of room for some good junk!
Therefore I am listing some things that I would love to have for my class and if you are willing to hunt for them during October at yard sales, discount stores, or with all those Autumn Michael's coupons you'll be getting... just get them to Rex and Diane to pack for their trip. Thanks!

book and cassette sets
rubber stamps (alphabet letters, words, pictures, etc.)
stickers
stationary
cancelled postage stamps
restaurant or take-out menus

No comments: